[Freeciv-Dev] patch: DEFAULT_DATA_PATH (was: patch: Use PATH_SEPERATOR i

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: DEFAULT_DATA_PATH (was: patch: Use PATH_SEPERATOR instead of colon)
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:30:41 +0100

Hello David

>> Ok. I've done that. The patch is attached.
> Thanks.  Except I was a bit confused/hasty.  While the env var
> FREECIV_DATADIR can go away, the compile define FREECIV_DATADIR
> (eg, as defined by configure) should stay, so that freeciv finds
> the appropriate data when has been installed by 'make install'
> after configure.

As you wish ;-)
Configure now defines DEFAULT_DATA_PATH to
".:data:~/.freeciv:$FREECIV_DATADIR"

The disadventage of this is, that this data path cannot
use another path seperator than the colon. But that's
not a real problem, because configure doesn't define
PATH_SEPERATOR which then falls back to the colon anywhy.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer