[Freeciv-Dev] Hexmap java class

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Hexmap java class
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 12:05:41 +0200

You can download it in package
http://thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl/~abies/freeciv/freeciv990818.jar

You do not need pngxxxx.jar - it is needed only for freeciv client, not
hexmap.

I've included two hex images - grassland/hills with and without tree.
You can click on hex and switch between them. It might seem that
background image do not change - I've uses same base for images. It IS
possible to add just tree in layer above terrain, but it is not a case
in this demo.

Map is wrapped horizontally - but can be wrapped also
vertically/both/none - you can change it in constructor of HexMap.
Dblclick turns gridlines on/off.
To run, compile and run org.freeciv.tile.HexMap (JDK1.2 and later only)

Notice that tree overlaps upper hexes - it is a test for ability to
paint 3d looking units/terrains. If you can see any problems with
repainting because of this, please tell me.

Artur

P.S.
I'm sorry for tree quality, but I'm not an artist...:(