[Freeciv-Dev] Universities and Research Labs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Universities and Research Labs
From: Lindqvist Marko <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:07:36 +0300 (EET DST)

 It just caught my eye that intendentation for set_city_tax_bonus() and
set_city_science_bonus() is different. So I studied the code and found out
that Research Labs do have an effect even without university being there
any longer. This is not the case with other buildings that require old
buildings to exist when they are built.
 I haven't studied how building destruction situations (autosell due to
lack of money, diplomats/spies sabotaging) are handled, but it's possible
to RL without university, right?
 Personally I'd like to see those buildings requiring old buildings at
building time to still have some effect even after that old building is
destroyed. On the other hand, someone may want give diplomats a change to
make three buildings useless by just destroing one.
 Well, none of these buildings (university,research lab,bank,stock
exchange) have yet variants. Then again, we may sometime want to put
requirements for old building into rulesets and no longer there is free
variables for all buildings requiring older ones.
 Just one special value telling how such buildings are handled?

 Now, I just meant to send small patch and I have written longest mail in
days! And when I have had really something to write to freeciv list, I
have never found any time.

 Caz

--

- Kukaan ei ymmärrä minua, en edes minä itse!