[Freeciv-Dev] --metaserver patch (#PR99)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] --metaserver patch (#PR99)
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:38:00 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

  this version of my metaserver patch is updated to 12 august cvs.
I think It's stable but I'd like a feed back and know that it works on
another computer than mine before using the magic command cvs commit.

For both clients, you can give an url to use as metaserver in the command
line. Now, we have the choice between 2 urls :

http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~lancelot/freeciv.html
http://www.freeciv.org/metaserver/freeciv.html

For the server, you can give an address in the command line

platinum.daimi.aau.dk
www.freeciv.org

Warning : FreeCiv server is happy when it can open a socket whatever
the destination.

As there is already an --meta(-m) option, I use --Metaserver(-M).
Is someone is unhappy with that do a brainstorming and send
the result to freeciv-dev.

There are also 2 new commands in the server :
  nometa : disconnect(if connected) to the actual metaserver.
  metaserver : set metaserver address to a given string.

I set those commands at the HACK level. The nometa offers an extra
possibility. One can declared his/her server to the metaserver. When there
are enough players disconnect from the metaserver.

Bye,

Ps Concerning can we sort message beginning by the message with the
greatest number and ending with the message with the lowest number. I
think that old mail are less interesting than new now.