[Freeciv-Dev] Java client is usable now

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Java client is usable now
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:36:44 +0200

I would like to share some info on my java client.

After few days of filling missing pieces I think that it is in state
where I need some review/ideas/help.

You can play freeciv with it - most of critical functionality is in. Two
most notable holes are diplomacy and spaceship - nothing is implemented.
Rest is barebone, but allows for a bit of gameplay.

At least one person offered help and I told him to stay away until I
will feel I can allow messing with my code  - now I'll be eager to hand
out some work to volunteers, as main framework is frozen. If somebody
wants to discuss things specific to my client, please contact me
directly or even better use freeciv-java.

You can find client at
http://thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl/~abies/freeciv

You have to use vanilla 1.8.1 server. As far as java is concerned you
have to use JDK1.2 - I've tested it only under windows for now, under
linux there could be some problems with window size. DO NOT RUN this
under interpreter - startup takes over 3 minutes (opposed to 20s with
JIT/hotspot)

Artur