Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain ruleset implementation

To: trident@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain ruleset implementation
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 22:36:45 +1000 (EST)

Tatu Rissanen wrote:

> Here are some thoughts I had. (probably going to the wish list)
> Implementing these would require major changes to graphics loader
> and renderer modules. The 'spec' file would require a parser, too.

Hi Tatu, (and welcome to freeciv-dev :-)

Something like what you suggested is probably reasonable,
though as you say it would require major changes; it may be
worthwhile working on less ambitious changes first - I'm not
sure.

With some minor alterations, something like the spec file
example you gave could easily use the existing 'registry'
module for low-level parsing.

Regards,
-- David