Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain ruleset implementation

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain ruleset implementation
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:21:32 -0400

At 1999/08/01 08:22 , Tatu Rissanen wrote:
>> David Pfitzner wrote:
>> Now maybe that compatibility break could better be used to move
>> to a more flexible system.
>Here are some thoughts I had. (probably going to the wish list)
>Implementing these would require major changes to graphics loader
>and renderer modules. The 'spec' file would require a parser, too.

While we're tossing around some thoughts on tiles, a minor visual ugliness
is the little nick that shows up at the corners of diagonal roads and
(especially) railroads.

Perhaps some tiles could be "inflated" with respect to the standard tile
size for the set, and these "border" pixels used to smooth the joins at the
corners.

jjm