Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Internationalization - city names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Internationalization - city names
From: Martin Christensen <factotum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jul 1999 14:10:50 +0200

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx> writes:
Peter> It works fine for me as it is now; I think a lot of people will
Peter> be comfortable with the special characters in latin-1 encoding.
Peter> Maybe ( guessing ) it would be possible to easily use Unicode
Peter> in the gtk client.

I have volunteered to do at least part of the Esperanto translation,
and unfortunately Latin 1 is not enough. I'll either need Latin 3 or
Unicode... and let's face it: not making FreeCiv Unicode compliant
serves no purpose. How it's done, or if it's even the domain of the
present developers is beyond my knowledge.

Martin

--
Anyone who has realised the importance of Esperanto
is morally obligated to work for it.