Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI

To: "Peter 'g00bER' Kosinar" <goober@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI
From: Sune Kirkeby <sune@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:42:07 +0200

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:16:53AM +0200, Peter 'g00bER' Kosinar wrote:
>  ? genders - to distinguish between Queen/King, Mr./Mrs. President, and
>    also to make players know whom they are playing with :)

In the struct government patch I am working on genders are included (as far
as I have the leader titles for both male and female + I have added an is_male
flag to struct player.)

>   My opinion what should be needed to define a race (based on players.c),
>   currently written in pseudo-form:
>   1) race name in singular+plural : string
>   2) default leader name (maybe also with gender -> Queen Elisabeth)
>   3) the final government form (important for AI)

The above mentioned struct government patch includes dynamic evaluation of
governments in the AI code (based on rizos patch).  It would probably be
possible to boost the evaluation of governments base on ruler personality.

>   6) maybe the list of technical goals, but I think they can be generated
>      by AI on-the-fly according to his/her psychic characteristics (ie,
>      aggressive one will try to invent better weapons, expansionist will
>      try to find sail.

They are generated on the fly ATM, as I understand the code.

--
Sune Kirkeby | "Imagine, if you will, that there were no such