Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI

To: "Peter 'g00bER' Kosinar" <goober@xxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More ideas, maybe some AI
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:27:39 -0400

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:16:53AM +0200, Peter 'g00bER' Kosinar was heard to
say:
>  + comparation with some great leaders (as in Civ1) - like David Pfitzer,
>    Solomon the wise, average Freeciv-developer, average Freeciv-player,
>    or for each nation separately (ex, american - Lincoln, Washington,
>    Roosevelt, Lee, Grant, etc.)

  This is ok, or we could use the 'titles' method of CivII (X the Forgetful,
the Clueless, the Conquerer, etc...)  If we do this, who should be the lowest
rung for American presidents?  I nominate Harding or Taft :)

>  *? my personal vision is that there will be a network (for beginning one)
>    of meta-civserver(s) that will get the information about running civservers
>    (and some information about them, like max. people limit, version, etc.)
>    and the clients will connect to this meta-civserver, find out the civserver
>    most suitable for their purposes (location, gamestyle, other people, etc.)
>    and connect to it. The civservers will periodically send information
>    about them (users, running games, ...) to the metaserver. The people
>    connected to the same civserver will be able to start game(s), like on
>    irc, when people (clients) join the channel (game) and the operator
>    (someone) changes the mode for channel (start game).
>    However, this is probably highly unrealistic with the code written....
>    just a vision. But... if it would be possible ... I'd like to help to do
> it.

  Is this something different from the current metaserver code?

  Daniel

--
  Catch an error-catch an error, coming through the stack...