Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Undefined config macros (PR#43)

To: Chris Buchanan <csbuchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Undefined config macros (PR#43)
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 23:26:40 +0000 (GMT)

> My distro is ChrisWare. (: Then the question is, why is Freeciv dependent
> upon any gtk stuff in the first place? Since Freeciv can be compiled with
> Xaw support, the config process shouldn't actually require the existence
> of Gtk.

There are 2 differents things :
   - 1 build freeciv. In these case, use the standard ./configure. If you
want to use the Xaw client do ./configure --with-xaw and then make
   - 2 build the maintainers files with autoconf, automake, aclocal and
autoheader. Except if you want to check if something is available on a
given system or want Freeciv to support more platforms, you don't need
to touch those files. If you try to find AM_GDK_PATH in FreeCiv configure,
you won't find it as the macro is already expanded.

Also when one do a make maintainer-clean, the following message appears :
Making maintainer-clean in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/brunel/fc'
rm -f config.h
rm -f TAGS ID
rm -f Makefile undep.sh
rm -f config.cache config.log stamp-h stamp-h[0-9]*
This command is intended for maintainers to use;
it deletes files that may require special tools to rebuild.

And yes, it requires special tools to rebuild.
Those specials tools are attached to this mail.
Put them in your aclocal directory.

Bye,