Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Undefined config macros (PR#43)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Undefined config macros (PR#43)
From: Chris Buchanan <csbuchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:53:04 -0400 (EDT)

Daniel Burrows said:

> On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 09:46:13AM -0700,
> csbuchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was heard to say:
> > AM_PATH_GTK and AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB aren't defined anywhere. Also, shouldn't
> > those macros be FC_PATH_GTK and FC_PATH_GDK_IMLIB?
>
>   AM_PATH_GTK and AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB are defined in /usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4 .
> If you don't have those files you should install the development package of
> GTK+ that your distribution provides.  The FC_* macros are, I assume (I
> haven't
> investigated Freeciv's autoconf setup :-) ), FreeCiv-specific macros;
> AM_PATH_GTK and AM_PATH_GDK_IMLIB are generic macros provided by those
> libraries
> that get installed with them in $(prefix)/share/aclocal on 'make install'
> (unless you're using a distro that splits runtime and development files)

My distro is ChrisWare. (: Then the question is, why is Freeciv dependent
upon any gtk stuff in the first place? Since Freeciv can be compiled with
Xaw support, the config process shouldn't actually require the existence
of Gtk.

--
Chris Buchanan, BMath
http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~csbuchan