Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers and the Pyramids (PR#39)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers and the Pyramids (PR#39)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

Steve Hodge wrote:

> If I understand what you're saying then this is what happens:

I'm not sure what I was saying/thinking...  My scenario doesn't
make much sense to me now!

Your outline is possible, but as you say, unlikely.

Unless the problem can be reproduced (eg, with a savefile),
I'm inclined to ignore it, and put it down to either an
unusual (but correct) case, or the server and client
disagreeing on the foodbox size (due to a temporary
incompatibility in the cvs version).

> I don't think we should be worried about that rewarding micromanagement too
> much. They are already penalised by the amount of time it takes.

Well, I was thinking more of the AI choosing when to buy a
settler to get maximum advantage, but maybe more power to
the AI if it can/does.

> Adding some macro level controls would do more to reduce
> micromanagement (eg preferences for automatic building, and
> automatic settlers).

Indeed.

Regards,
-- David