Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers and the Pyramids (PR#39)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers and the Pyramids (PR#39)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:30:09 -0700 (PDT)

Nolan Lichti wrote:

> Version: 1.8.0

> I had the Pyramids (ie, Granaries in all cities), and I built a settler
> in one city.  The food stock dropped below half, which it shouldn't for
> a city with a granary.  There might be a good reason why this happened;
> I'm not fully sure how the granaries work.

Maybe it dropped to half, and then in the same turn the city grew
(which will happen if you build a settler when the foodbox is greater
than half full) so the foodbox got bigger, and so the food stock was
then less than half of the new total.  Is that consistent with what
you saw?

But I haven't looked closely at the relevant code.  And even if that
was the case, its still questionable whether that is how it should
work or not.  (And then there have in the past been suggestions that
the whole treatment of the foodbox when building a settler rewards
micromanagement too much, and should be revised.)

Regards,
-- David