Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Server Segfault on City being Disbanded (PR#41)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Server Segfault on City being Disbanded (PR#41)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:45:00 -0700 (PDT)

csbuchan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Version: 1.8.0+cvs
>
> It seems that the city information on the city to be disbanded it
> being corrupted (specificly city.owner). I've attached my gamefile;
> just end the turn, and it'll die.

Thanks, dies nicely for me :-7

The problem appear to be that update_city_activity()
(all this in server/cityturn.c) calls city_build_stuff(), which
may remove the city, but update_city_activity() continues on
after that and keeps using pcity, a now wild pointer.

I guess city_build_stuff() should have a return value to say
whether the city is still there afterwards.

Regards,
-- David