Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC Update

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC Update
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:13:05 -0600

>Andy Black wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I think this is my last message for today :-)
>> error count: 623 (server), unknown (client)
>> The following list is things I have done on the code that I'm working on
>> (1.8.0 Stable):
>>         1. fininshed adding protos (see earlier list)
>>         2. fixed naming conflict by renaming map.c/map.h (see tuesday's
>>letter)
>>         3. started on enum conversions, updated parts of code with union
>> idea (see one of my prevous messages) . Effected structs include the city
>> struct, city packet struct, and city update struct.
>>         4. found following logic error/typo
>> file: mapgen.c, line 283
>> curently:
>>   if (full_map(x, y-1)<mini+myrand(10) && map_get_terrain(x, y)<16) {
>> should be
>>   if (full_map(x, y-1)<mini+myrand(10) && map_get_terrain(x, y-1)<16) {
>>
>> Andy Black
>>
>> PS: There should be an updated copy of my working files on my website
>> (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Orchard/8378/MFC)
>

>This looks useful.
>When you have advanced with this kind of work,
>it would be useful to have a patch, best versus the most current cvs.

First, the version of Metroworks Codewarior that I'm working with doesn't
suport difs, but the version at school (I'm at home over summer break:-( )
does.  Second, I have modified if not every file, almost every file to some
extent.

>BTW., currently people without a MAC can't look at your work because they
>can't read the '.sit' file you have on the web site.

I know, but curently I don't have any software to make .tar and/or .gzip
files.  I'll try to upload the source in a format that everyone can read,
but it may take time.

Andy Black

PS: The error count is now 430, major ToDo areas include file I/O,
networking, and mac GUI (don't expect much)