Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Ideas and a bug...

To: Chris Lawrence <quango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: FreeCiv <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Ideas and a bug...
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:02:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Chris Lawrence wrote:

#But yes, the easy AI is too hard in general.  Perhaps a super-easy AI would
#only go after human players if provoked (some easy AI players seem to
#behave this way, but it may just be because they are militarily weak).  On
#the other hand, the easy AI is transcendentally stupid in some ways... once
#you figure out how it behaves, it is much easier to defeat.  (I'm only now
#surviving games I play against easy AIs, after 5 or 6 attempts; I suspect
#it was only 2 or 3 with Civ1's easiest mode.)

Dampening the AI isn't what we want.  What we want is to code AI allies, as
the person who was researching AI noted.  We want AI to act more human.

(By the way, to the person who posted that message about offering a more
humanistic approach to the AI, make sure to include the
'AI_bill_clinton_asshole' so I can squash him while he attacks Serbia!)

--
Matt Busigin - spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
Don't take life seriously, you'll never get out alive.