Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] [2 x Patch] struct government and upkeep

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [2 x Patch] struct government and upkeep
From: Sune Kirkeby <sune@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:51:36 +0200

Here is a new version of the struct government patch,
it fixes the last problems that I have been having with
it:

- Xaw client now works
- it applies cleanly against the latest in CVS

The upkeep new version of the upkeep patch fixes the
these issues:

- client now draws the correct no. of mini tiles
  in the city poopup (that is shields, food and masks
  under "supported here").
- the capability string includes a +unit_upkeep
  field.
- settlers now also require one shild in maintenance
  (this is certainly like Civ II, and I think it's Civ I
  too).
- both unit rulesets (default and civ1) are updated.

NOTE: The upkeep patch depends on the struct government
patch.

Unresolved issues with the patches:

- flags describing a government should probably be added
  to struct government, or who knows what silly things
  the AI might do?
- the government definitions should be moved out into
  rulesets.
- the AI also should look at the upkeep fields in the unit
  struct.
- the gold_upkeep is still not implemented (a gold coin
  for the "supported here" display is needed)

I intend to adress them all, but any help would be grately
appreciated.  Also, I would like to hear any comments regarding
and problems with the patches that people have.

Sune Kirkeby