Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] can't load saved game; was: Bug in Freeciv-1.8.0

To: dendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] can't load saved game; was: Bug in Freeciv-1.8.0
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:47:51 +1000

Tatarskih Denis <dendy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't load saved game, server after command civserver -f <filename>
> write
> "0: syntax error in civgame-750.sav - line 370"
> file with saved game was generated by server "freeciv-1.8.0"

Thanks for your bug report.

Can you please tell us what is in the file civgame-750.sav
at line 370 (and maybe surrounding lines).  Or just send
me (probably not the list) the whole savegame file.

My guess is that you included a character in a player or
city name which confused the savefile format.  This has been
noted before; either we should forbid such names, or probably
better the savefile system should be smart about escaping
problematic characters...

Regards,
-- David