Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Code testing

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Code testing
From: Mark Nettle <markn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:12:31 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Sune Kirkeby wrote:

> P.S.  Is it a mis-feature in mutt that replies to freeciv-dev
> mails go to the author and not to the list per default?
> I know that it works for other lists...

Many lists set the Reply-to: header to the list address. This is usually
Considered Harmful, or just A Bad Thing. It's quite possible to end up
being unable to reply to an author of an email. Instead, if the list just
leaves the Reply-to: alone, most mailers support a "reply to all" option
and you can just delete the original author from the addresses to send a
reply to the list without duplicates to the author, or reply to the
"reply").

        Mark