Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Small patch (again)

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Small patch (again)
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:23:57 +0200

Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> Peter Schaefer wrote:
>
> >The pollution icons look cool.
> >Which tile backgrounds are transparent ?
> >Do backgrounds make sense the way they are.
>
> There are no transparent background.
> The problem is that the xpm format doesn't allow
> transparency and so forbids any antialiasing around
> the drawings. It wouldn't be a real problem for big
> drawings but for small ones...
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

I see, you care about the Alpha Channel.

What I meant was that I wondered whether citizens would merge better
into a city report with a backdrop different from white if the
citizen background was not white but transparent
( needless to say this does wreak even more havoc to the concept
 of smooth transititons/antialiasing ).

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program