[Freeciv-Dev] kill 1.8.0pre1; screenshots; trident tiles

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] kill 1.8.0pre1; screenshots; trident tiles
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 14:24:37 +0200

On Sun, May 23, 1999 at 12:32:54PM +0000, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
> I've been visiting the web page today , downloading version 1.8.0,
> because with 1.8.1pre I can't play via Internet (nobody seems to have
> it).

Besides, it is incompatible with 1.8.0 and it doesn't even tell you,
since the protocol was changed to use network byte order.

> I've decided to contribute, in http://www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina/sc.gif
> you have a screnshot of a 100x100 map, where you can see how many
> empires and how many units and how much complex the game can turn up.

A screenshot to demonstrate the new trident tiles:

  http://cursus02.win.tue.nl:4321/tmp/freeciv/trident-europe-initially.jpg

It also features the 'Denmark hole'.

I love the trident tiles!  One problem: they are too dark.
Except when playing full screen on a low resolution,
the lighter parts of the screen take my eyes away from the map.

--
Reinier