Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Another suggestion.

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Another suggestion.
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 15:52:03 -0500

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 08:06:15PM +0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> I was thinking about adding some more realism to the game, its about
> loyality against the empereror. It can maybe be thought of as
> nationalism.

        Civ2 certainly had this.  Cities with large unhappy populations,
near another tribe's cities which were happy, would "become envious of" the
happier city and defect.
        I'm not sure how much warning a player was given before this
happened.

> The cities which is selfbuilt gets a 100% loyality degree. When you
> capture a city, then the loyality degree is 0%.
> The loyality degree will then encrease each turn, the people is getting
> used to be a part of your empire, maybe 5% every turn until it reaches
> 100%.

        This is modelled currently by the automatic destruction of
Temples/Cathedrals when a city is taken over.  The time it takes you to
rebuild those improvements represents in some part the attitude conversion
time.

> This is the idea I had, while reading some history books :) It could be
> made something like this, but this is realy just an outcast of the idea.
> Now what do you think about it?

        Something should be done.  Whether it's more like the Civ2 model or
yours, I don't have a strong opinion.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.