Re: [Freeciv-Dev] adding sound

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] adding sound
From: Bastian Hecht <basti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:16:20 +0200

With "running parallel", I meant to fork a process. It was annoying, when you
can't
continue
playing while the sound was played.

I'll add a option to turn on/off the sounds in "game/options". So, a bool
variable
will be set.
Everywhere where a sound is appreciated a function < sound(SOUND_NO); > will be
called.
There is checked, if the variable is set. If it's disabled, the funtion returns
immediatly, else
the program tries to open the /dev/audio device and closes it after the sound
was
played.
So it's always free when there's no sound.
Well, if the /dev/audio is installed must be checked in configure (no idea how,
remember, I'm
really new to it, I've never programmed for a project).

   basti