Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Requiring glib...

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Requiring glib...
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 12:07:16 +0200

On 1999-05-17 23:04:50, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   glib has some incredibly useful utility functions, such as hash tables,
> guaranteed-to-work versions of 'standard' functions that are broken on some
> systems (like *alloc and *printf), a plugin system, and lots of other stuff
> that
> doesn't spring to mind (I mainly use the hash tables and lists).

An example that does spring to mind is:
gint g_vsnprintf(gchar *string, gulong n, gchar const *format, va_list args);
'A safer form of the standard vsprintf() function. The output is
guaranteed to not exceed n characters, so it is easy to ensure
that a buffer overflow cannot occur.'

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)