Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI

To: deepone@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:01:24 +1000 (EST)

Daniel Sjolie wrote:

> Also, who has programmed the AI that is now?

Most of the current AI is by John Stonebraker,
(email address in eg Freeciv AUTHORS file) but he is no
longer involved in freeciv development.
Minor other improvements have been made by various people
("see the ChangeLog for details").

> I think the units AIs (if there is one) should be on the server
> and everything else on the client...

If the ai is going client-side, why do you think the unit
AIs should stay on the server?  I guess the server may
still need to provide Goto/Autosettler/Autoexplore functions,
but quite possibly a client-side AI wouldn't want to use
them, prefering to keep full control itself.

-- David