Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI Diplomacy

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI Diplomacy
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:42:16 +0200 (MET DST)

>"Ba'rdosi Zolta'n" <hck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Can you inform me about the future plans of AI development,
>> especially diplomacy?  I think the current state is very unfriendly,
>> the only thing this ai can do now is the total annihilation of
>> every living thing. (Including me sometimes ;)

I agree. The AI has absolutely NO idea of what diplomacy can be ! And
the gameplay lacks this diplomatics.

>We would like to improve this aspect, but, so far, no-one
>has done (or indicated they are doing) the necessary work.
>
>>  Who maintains the ai part now? how can i reach them?
>
>I am not aware of anyone particularly working on the AI at present.
>Anyone who wants to have a go is welcome to do so.

I would like to help, too. It would be fine if a small group could
decide to work together on AI diplomacy. Is there any good coder who
would start the job, so that we could join him ?

Bye.

Alex