Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Before release of 1.8.0

To: brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Before release of 1.8.0
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:45:47 +1100

Nicolas Brunel wrote:

>       here what i think is important to do before release of 1.8.0 :

> - In NEWS, i forgot ruleset !
> I want to put ruleset and add a link to README.ruleset .

I wrote some extra changes to NEWS (including rulesets) last
weekend, but haven't had a chance to upload them yet.

>       have to check if "Gregurabi's Twelve Steps to World
>       Domination" can still be found.

Its now in the Tutorials section of the web page IIRC.

>       3) A player builds and launches a spaceship, which reaches Alpha
>           Centauri first.  (Not available yet, but coming soon)
>       Does it end the game ?
Yes.

>       Address the email to "freeciv-dev"
>       the address is incomplete
>
>       Have to check how to subscribe to our mailing
>       list.

In some ways I would prefer mailing list/subscription details
to be at the web site, so people visit the site, and have a
chance to see the FAQ etc, before posting.  But I don't really
mind.

Which reminds me, does the FAQ still need updating?
It would be nice for new players to be able to read
an up-to-date FAQ.

> BUGS

>  - Apollo program bug displays cities that no longer exist
>    (conclusion: Apollo should make all squares be seen?)

I don't really consider this a bug (though the effect may
not be what one expects), though I don't mind that fix either.

>  - submarine visibility bug

I think this is non-trivial to fix.

>  When the client senses that the server is
> gone, it should close all child windows so that this can't happen.

There are probably lots of windows which may be open
which the client should close if it loses connection.
(Though maybe only some of them cause core dumps.)

-- David