Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Catching up + Some thoughts - comments sought

To: Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Catching up + Some thoughts - comments sought
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:08:42 +1100

Kris Bubendorfer wrote:

> I am not planning to implement a ruleset for the governments at the moment,
> as
> I am still busy - David????

No, too busy too :-(

> So, due to the lack of consensus - I'll stick with the original probabilities
> I posted (obviously the seem most reasonable to me or I wouldn't have chosen
> them) and hope that people will be sufficiently happy later on with modifying
> a ruleset.

I think the original probablities are reasonable.  To give them
some rationalisation: think of them as corresponding to how
much citizens are likely to want to revolt if they think they
have the chance (the capital falls, the government is in disarray...)
Governments to the Democracy end of the enum give lots of personal
freedoms and citizens are very loyal (eg, compare the bribery
protection of Democracy); governments towards the other end tend
to be more repressive, so have to worry more about civil war.

(Note this is just a rationalisation!  I don't want to start
another war about what's "realistic" :-)

-- David