Re: [Freeciv-Dev] xpm, gif, png & map view!

To: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] xpm, gif, png & map view!
From: Scott Goehring <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 19:51:26 -0500

"Matt" == Matt Busigin <Matt> writes:

Matt> Which is the easiest way.  Or we could code our own simple
Matt> compression algorithms.  Or we could use Zlib.  IMHO,
Matt> compressing XPMs using *library* GNU zip/zlib calls would be The
Matt> Right Thing To Do (tm).

One warning: XPMs are relatively slow to load (they have to be
parsed).  Adding to that uncompress time could make them very slow to
load.