RE: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers can mine and irrigate ...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers can mine and irrigate ...
From: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Schaefer)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:33:28 +0100

> >I find the ability to harass an enemies settlers along a
> coast into giving
> >up the work they're doing a nice feature of the game.

Ok. maybe it dds an element to the game, but the ability to harass the coast
also makes auto-settlers quite useless - they are not smart enough to avoid the
coast.
(I think they maybe should begin with the coast in the early game, so they can
avoid it later.)

>I think the cheat had to do with activating the settler that was performing
>the task and then setting it to the same task again.

Remember how you could wake up an irrigating settlr and then make it go back
irrigating without apparent loss of time ?
My statement is that the
settlers inciv1 collected up the work they had performed
in an internal accumulator.
Which means IMHO that if you set them to a harder task,
you could accomplish anything., even one or two turns later, on an easier task.

Of course, that may have been a bug, but it seemed to me liuke it was intended.
(The accumulator was in the settler not the tile )

--
Peter Schaefer           mailto:schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
coz' hackers LOVE irix