RE: RE: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers can mine and irrigate ...

To: "'Peter Schaefer'" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: RE: [Freeciv-Dev] Settlers can mine and irrigate ...
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:43:06 -0500

No, we aren't talking about the same thing.  Certainly you could activate
your settler and give it multiple commands (like irrigate) to get it to
finish quickly.

He was asking if you could begin irrigating a square, leave that square
and make a road in a different square and then come back to the partially
irrigated square and pick up where you left off (at least that's how I
interepreted what he was asking).  I'm pretty sure the answer is, "No,
CIV1 didn't work like that."

I think the cheat had to do with activating the settler that was performing
the task and then setting it to the same task again.

> >I find the ability to harass an enemies settlers along a
> coast into giving
> >up the work they're doing a nice feature of the game.
>
> And you do find enemy harassment of your coast a nice feature
> of the game too ?!

Sure.  If I was a farmer, I don't think I'd be out working in the fields
while a battleship was raining Volkswagon Beetles down on my head.

It adds an additional element to the game (IMHO of course).

Todd