Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 03:20:09 -0300

On Mar 07, David Pfitzner decided to present us with:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > Omniscient = it has all the map information, and thus it plays
> > the game with completely different rules. It doesn't have to
> > explore, as people have pointed out.
>
> And I'm saying that the easy AI is not as omniscient as
> you seem to thing.  Eg, it _does_ have to find your cities
> before it can attack them.

I'll take your word for it, but I'm pretty sure that last time I
tried it moved straight to my capital [no exploration necessary]

> Yup, you have the choice to write a new AI ;-)

Considering that I'm not a good player and know nothing about AI
programming, that would be interesting - because it would surely
be a really easy AI ;-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----