Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Enable/Rename "Build City" menu when Adding s

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Enable/Rename "Build City" menu when Adding settlers to City
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 10:35:17 -0500

At 1999/03/04 07:40 , you wrote:
>On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>> When a Settler/Engineer is sitting on a City, pressing 'b' will order it to
>> add itself to that City (if the City is small enough).  However, the Orders
>> menu Build City item remains disabled.
>>
>> The attached patch enables the menu item in this case, and also renames it
>> to "Add to City" when appropriate.
>
>It doesn't look to me like this patch takes into account when the city is too
>large to be added it.  The menu item should be greyed out when the city is
too
>large.

True...  There are some update-order problems that I lazily decided to not
debug.  Specifically, update_menus seems to be called before the city size
is increased.  OK!  I'll look into adding/moving an update_menus call to
fix this problem, and then add a size check to the Build/Add City menu patch.

Hey!  I just noticed:  1. You can add a Settler to a City of size 8;  2. A
city without an Aqueduct cannot grow bigger than size 8;  3. The code for
adding Settlers doesn't check for an Aqueduct.  So, you can grow a City
with Settlers beyond the Aqueduct size limit.  Should this be allowed?

jjm