[Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles
From: "Martin Willemoes Hansen" <martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 14:26:52 -0000

Hi Freecivers!

This is my view on how the wonder tiles should be
handled.

They should show up in:

1. Citie buy box.
2. Wonder overview in the menu.
3. On the map, to like be better than the original
civ versions, also it adds a lot of realisem.

I guess that the wonders can be placed on any land
tile, like they are transparent, like then if a
wonder is placed on a mount u can still see it is a
mountain tile etc.
The wonder should not affect the output of the tile.

The wonders would be randomly placed like max 10 tiles
away from the city where it has been built.

Others cant attack the wonders of capture them unless
they take out the city and the wonder can still happen
to be destroyed under such an attack.

Here is just some more ideas for new tile improvements:

1. Ice, Icebergs near the poles.
   Like some ships would have a though time up there
   because of the danger.
2. Deep and normal water.
   This could indicate where big ships can sail and
   where small ships can sail.
3. Oilrig tile outside the city that has the proper
   improvements.
   Maybe later we can add oil as a resource, like fish.

Another thing, I hope that we will get away from the
all this settlert building things and go more towards
Civ III style of just making improvements and remove
all this micro management.
I dont like the idea of writing scripts and bots for
Freeciv! After all it is just a game, and it will give
the onese with big talent of writing such scripts a
far to big advantage.
Anyway if somebody implements it, I would prefer perl,
but that is up to the one who does ;)

I also want to say that I love Freeciv as the best game
I have ever tried and it has leaped in features and
in gameplay very much!
Keep the development going and the debate.

Also when I get the coding skills I will try to make
the Freeciv world round ;)

Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     Dr_nick | irc.stampede.org #stampede
ICQ     11597690

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums