Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Turn end behavior

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Turn end behavior
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:51:09 -0500

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 05:20:50PM +0100, Reinier Post was heard to say:
> Most definitely a feature.  The 'Turn done' button will change colour
> on the last player who is still moving.  (This could be extended to
> indicate the number of players still moving.)  I often need time to
> do non-urgent housekeeping or check documentation, and I'll take that
> time at the end of my turns; usually I click Turn Done to indicate that
> whatever I'm doing isn't urgent enough to make others wait for it.
> It's a simple act of courtesy that often pays because the game will keep
> going at a higher pace in general.
>
> It's also useful when you need to rescue a unit at the start
> of the next turn.

  I see.  The patch I just posted doesn't let players do some stuff after
they've ended their turn _if_ the turnbased mode is enabled.  (for
example, unit movement, buying improvements, etc).  It allows diplomacy,
chatting, and some other things.  After reading this, I think that it'd be
a good idea to also allow things like tax rate modification and change of
production/science goals. (I don't know about worker reassignment though,
because that alters the map.  So I think I'd rather not allow that.)

  Outside of turnbased mode, things should still work normally.

  Daniel Burrows
--
"It is hard to think of anything less sentient than a pumpkin."
  -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_