Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Turn end behavior

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Turn end behavior
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:20:50 +0100

> >   I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.  Using the latest CVS
> > snapshot (sans my meddling), players can make moves after their turn
> > has ended (via clicking on "Turn Done".
>
> I think it is a feature.  Clicking "Turn Done" means "ok, as soon
> as everyone else has finished, we can go to the next turn".

Most definitely a feature.  The 'Turn done' button will change colour
on the last player who is still moving.  (This could be extended to
indicate the number of players still moving.)  I often need time to
do non-urgent housekeeping or check documentation, and I'll take that
time at the end of my turns; usually I click Turn Done to indicate that
whatever I'm doing isn't urgent enough to make others wait for it.
It's a simple act of courtesy that often pays because the game will keep
going at a higher pace in general.

It's also useful when you need to rescue a unit at the start
of the next turn.

--
Reinier