Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder-tiles-update

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder-tiles-update
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:56:29 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> Are there anybody who would like to start working
> on the wonder-tiles?

I can draw pretty lines and squares.

> How could we best accomplish wonder-tiles? where would
> they be place around the city tiles? what about the
> tiles there was there before? Like if it was the
> pyramids, should it then replace ex. a forrest tile or
> should there be a pyramids-forrest, what about if it
> was a plain etc.

The more I think about this the less convinced I am that
it is a good idea. How many of the wonders _can_ be
represented by a small tile? How do you represent Cure
for Cancer? I usually build one or two cities that make
all my wonders. What do you do when all the tiles around
the city are full of wonders? How about a city that has
only one single land square? Etc.

Yours,
Per