Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: cannot sabotage wonders

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: cannot sabotage wonders
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 19:20:22 -0500

Per Mathisen (permath@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Andrew E. Schulman wrote:

> > Why so?  Shouldn't my spy (at the risk of her life, of course) be able to
> > dynamite the Great Library or Michelangelo's Chapel?  An act of violence
> > against truth and beauty, yes, but possible.
>
> It is not possible in civ1/2 as far as I can remember.

Ah ha... found it in the Civ2 manual.  Page 113: "Diplomats and Spies
never destroy Wonders of the World."

That part is pretty clear. :-)

However, it leaves open the question of whether Spies should be able
to destroy the Palace.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.