Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Mongols building lighthouses

To: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Pfitzner)
Cc: johna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Mongols building lighthouses
From: johna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 20:51:45 +1100 (EST)

David Pfitzner wrote :
> John August wrote:
> >
> > I'm running 1.7.1.
>
> I strongly encourage you to get 1.7.2, which has lots
> of improvements and bug fixes.

Yup, I did that just in case. I'll be using it now in any case.

> > In a game I'm playing, when the Mongols have alphabet
> > and map making, they are unable to built lighthouses. They certainly don't
> > have magnetism.
>
> Have you checked that someone else hasn't built the Lighthouse?
> (Each wonder can only be built once.)

OK (whacks head) that's it.

I was not aware that each wonder could be built only once. Have to check the
rules on that.

Thanks for your quick reply. It was my own misunderstanding, but a real
frustrating thing to miss and not understand.

Thanks,

--
John August

"We eat when we're not hungry, drink when we're not thirsty, buy what we
don't need, and throw away everything that's useful. Don't sell a man
what he wants - sell him what he doesn't want. Pretend he's got eight
feet and two stomachs and money to burn. That's not illogical - it's
evil."

Paul Theroux, The Mosquito Coast.