Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Mongols building lighthouses

To: johna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Mongols building lighthouses
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:29:17 +1100

John August wrote:

> I'm running 1.7.1.

I strongly encourage you to get 1.7.2, which has lots
of improvements and bug fixes.

> In a game I'm playing, when the Mongols have alphabet
> and map making, they are unable to built lighthouses. They certainly don't
> have magnetism.

Have you checked that someone else hasn't built the Lighthouse?
(Each wonder can only be built once.)  Or is it possible that
someone else already has Magnetism?  There was a change in 1.7.2
which could be related to your problem, but I'm not sure...

> According to the help file, they only need alphabet and
> map making.

Only Map Making actually.  Its true that normally you have to get
Alphabet to get Map Making, but not always.  Its possible that you
could get Map Making by conquering, without knowing Alphabet.

Regards,
-- David