Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] graphics (was Segmentation fault from civclient)

To: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] graphics (was Segmentation fault from civclient)
From: Bevan Collins <bcollins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 22:00:41 +1300

There is an image library written by the rasterman.
http://www.labs.redhat.com/imlib/

>From the tutorial:
Imlib is display depth independent. It will load images and work in 24
bit internally, dithering, re-mapping or whatever is needed to generate
X drawables ready for use on the display by programs. It can also
handle rescaling images to different sizes very quickly, is configurable
to be "kind" to the colormap on 8-bit displays, generate transparencies,
load more than one image format (in fact Imlib will load any image
format), and handle intelligent caching for naive programs.

Is there any reason not to use this library? I am not yet familiar with
the freeciv code to know. But it seems that it would solve these
problems.

Bevan.