Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Segmentation fault from civclient

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Segmentation fault from civclient
From: falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Falk Hueffner)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:26:31 GMT

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:01:05 -0600 (EST), Roy Stogner
<roystgnr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The segfault occurs in xmain.c, line 593, at the call:
>
>  unit_info_label = XtVaCreateManagedWidget("unitinfolabel",
>                                           labelWidgetClass,
>                                           left_column_form,
>                                           NULL);

Just guessing: probably FreeCiv picks up an older version of the X
defaults. Be sure to remove alltraces of older ones.

>Is there any reason why the tileset is limited to a 32 color palette?
>The graphics could be done a lot better by simply upping the number of
>colors used.

Well, people who use 8 bit displays get annoyed if the graphics use
too many colors...

>Is there any support planned for viewing maps at different scales?  It
>looked like the tile size was pretty hard-coded, but I have hope.

Uhm, it should be doable, only someone would have to write scalin
routines.

        Falk