Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug report with gtk client

To: lduperval@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug report with gtk client
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:53:17 +0000 (WET)

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 lduperval@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While using 1.7.1 and the gtk client, I've noticed that bringing up the
> City Report, selecting a city and clicking popup doesn't pop up the
> right city. I have 4 cities.
>
> Selecting the first one pops up the 3rd one
> Selecting the seconds pops up the 4th
> selecting the 3rd pops up th 2nd
> Selecting the 4 pops p the 1st
>
> Not sure if this is a gtk-specifi problem or not.

It's a programmer problem actually :-(  I messed up with that (i think).
I noticed the problem yesterday, this should be caused by the
gtk_clist_sort()'s i inserted in the code, there shall be a fix for that
soon.

I've also made the client work with gtk1.1.5 now (i will download the
lastest gtk version today to test with that).

Be warned: imlib-1.8.1 doesn't seem to compile with gtk releases >= 1.1.5.
The reason is that use of the function gtk_clist_set_policy() is
deprecated, to fix that just delete the offending line.

I've also patched the client to work with ddbennet's tile patch.  I'll put
it at the usual place this week.

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering