Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: Autogenerated files from previous batch of c

To: Mirar <mirar@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS: dwp: Autogenerated files from previous batch of chan...
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 10:47:08 +1100

Mirar wrote:

> > > Automake & autoconf output files may be system dependent.
> >
> > Really?  How so?
>
> AFAIK, automake hardcodes 'tar' and some other commands. Autoconf is
> not system dependent, but of course uses the output from automake.

Hmm, I seem to recall seeing "gtar" pop up somehow, and wondering
why.  Now I know.  But this seems to be less than desirable.
When the autogenerated scripts change in future, I think I'll be
checking them to see whether the changes are portable.

I think we'll continue to put them into CVS, but I'll also
keep in mind that automake does have these quirks.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |