Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Porting

To: pedson@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Porting
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:27:01 +0100 (MET)

I wrote:
> > Cute.

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 pedson@xxxxxx replied:
> In what sense?

Humour. I don't have it, but I can pretend.

> Judging by the response this was a poor example.  It was only meant to
> imply a change that did not significantly change a function's location,
> structure, etc... unlike the interface changes.  I had just commented out
> two includes that were not compatible, and had noticed some #ifdef AIXs
> to control includes, so it was in my head.

Includes that are not compatible accross all platforms should probably be
moved into configure (including the above-mentioned includes that
conflicted with AIX). Which include files did you have to comment out?

> For those familiar, this is all with the Intel version of BeOS, since
> the PowerPC version doesn't use gcc and I don't want to deal with that
> yet.

I understood that.

> libcivcommon and libcivai compile fine.  The server compiles, but
> hangs after starting up.  I think I know where at least some of the
> problem lies, but I have mostly been working on the client, which at
> this point can connect to the server and choose a race when the game
> starts, but that's as far as I've gotten.

I really appreciate your work. Please let us know how it is going.

Yours,
Per