Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few client bugs and misfeatures

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few client bugs and misfeatures
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:45:21 +1100

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> "myrand" is not initialized in the client, and always returns 0.

I agree with others that in the client mysrand should simply
be initialized at startup based on eg time().

> The help on Wonders does not show which technology will make the
> wonder obsolete!  (I'm sure it used to show this.)

Thanks; a silly 1-line bug I'll fix soon.

> Type "e" to end turn: I HATE THIS!!!  I kept hitting "e" by mistake,
> and having my planes crash etc., until I redefined the
> "Freeciv*mapcanvas.translations" resource.  Can we get rid of this?

I didn't know you could type "e" to end turn... so I have no objection
to removing it. :-)  (Or Mitch's suggestion.)  For keyboard end turn I
use <return> instead.

-- David