Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] A few client bugs and misfeatures

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A few client bugs and misfeatures
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Nov 1998 09:14:45 +0100

I've been playing the CVS from Nov 17, plus my recent city_nn patch.
Most things are quite nice (good work on that configurable city
advisor, and the message options are great).  But I still see some
client bugs and misfeatures:

Unit losing focus sometimes "disappear" from the screen; has anybody
seen this?  I have no clues on the bug.

"myrand" is not initialized in the client, and always returns 0.  No
big deal, it's only used by my patched "city_name_suggestion", and it
just makes the suggestion to the human player not random (it works
fine for the AI cities); but it should be fixed (how? read the seed
from the server?)

The help on Wonders does not show which technology will make the
wonder obsolete!  (I'm sure it used to show this.)

The help window does not resize perfectly.  If nobody is working on
this, I can fix it.  (Should we remember the help window size?)

Type "e" to end turn: I HATE THIS!!!  I kept hitting "e" by mistake,
and having my planes crash etc., until I redefined the
"Freeciv*mapcanvas.translations" resource.  Can we get rid of this?

Regards,
        Massimo