Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS stuff

To: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] CVS stuff
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:03:23 -0600 (CST)

  If I recall from delet^H^H^H^H^Hreading them, the cvs messages
have a distinct subject line. (If I'm wrong, I'm sure the maintainer
would be able to make it distinct.) If the messages really bother a
few people, they can figure out how to configure their mail reader
to filter them out automatically. In that case, leave them in.

  The only reasons I can think of for leaving them out would be
volume concerns. They add to both the volume of the mailing list
and the volume of the archives (unless they are being filtered
before archival).

  Either way, I think most people don't care. I don't mind.

  Later,

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  "While reality is neither black and white nor    |
                       { }  right and wrong, those are the only ideals     { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }  against which we can evaluate our decisions."  { }