Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: May 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: Music for use Freeciv

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Music for use Freeciv
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 13:02:18 +0100

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:53:27AM +0200, Per I Mathisen wrote:

> The GPL does not carry over from the program to the graphics and sound, so
> we can safely use any license we want for the music, sound and graphics.

I think this may be debateable ;-) It all comes down to what a derived
work is... (again)

In any case, your current graphics collections *are* GPLed, right?

This probably isn't your primary concern, but freeciv media must be
freely licensed if I'm to include it in the freeciv Debian
package. (freely licensed doesn't have to be GPL, of course:
http://www.debian.org/social_contract )

Jules